Supplies and Tools:
Breville Juice Fountain® Cold Electric Juicer
Instant Pot® V3
Personal computer/Tablet/Internet Phone
This is the second post of ten posts that will address all the avenues to become a vegan. Use it for reference, use it for information, its up to you. I hope this help new vegan to achieve better health. I have been a vegan for four months. I am still learning, the best of being part of being a vegan is that I learn something new everyday.
This post shows my trials as I was starting to learn a vegan lifestyle. This post continue to show the progress of the research in a chronically approach.
I was hired by Amazon.com early in December 2016 and I worked 10-hour nights. The work was hard at first standing and packing all night, and I wanted more energy and better health. In the morning I would watch documentaries in hopes of winding down after a long night and finding the answers to my situation. I was incredibly lucky and found a movies that started my health journey. It was called Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (2010) by Joe Cross. You can watch this film for free here.
|Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (2010)|
Fig.1 and fig.2 shows Joe Cross books. These books made a huge difference in the first month of studying for my health search. Fig.3 shows the Breville - Juice Fountain® Cold Electric Juicer. This is the juicer that I used everyday three time a day.
- Reboot with Joe, 101 Juice recipes from Joe Cross®.
Fig.1 - 101 Juice recipes
- Reboot with Joe Juice Diet by Joe Cross®.
Fig.2 - Reboot with Joe
- Breville - Juice Fountain® Cold Electric Juicer.
Bedtime was when I watched Netflix. My next docudrama was called Vegucated (2011). Watch this movie for free here. "The plot summary was written by Marisa Miller Wolfson. Vegucated is a docudrama that follows three meat-and-cheese New Yorker's who agree to adopt a vegan diet for six weeks. They learn what it's all about and have no idea that so much more than steak is at stake. The planet's fate may fall on their plates".
My next step was to order some vegan cooking books and they were obtained from Amazon.com. These are the cookbooks that Jill McKeever recommended for learning plant-strong cooking. Fig.3 through fig.6 shows four cookbooks that started my understanding of the vegan diet.
- The China Study Cookbook by Leanne
Fig.4 -The China Study
- My Beef with Meat; The healthiest
Argument for eating a Plant-Strong Diet, by Rip Esselstyn.
Fig.5 Rip Esselstyn
- The Engine 2 Diet takes you on a
shopping trip with Engine 2 firefighter Rip Esselstyn where you’ll learn how to
make healthy, vegan food like delicious sweet potato lasagna, by Rip Esselstyn.
Fig.6 Engine 2 Diet
- Forks over Knives, The Cookbook: by
Fig.7 Fork Over Knives
- Simple Daily Recipes: Make It Yourself, Appetizer, Baked, Bean, Breakfast, Cancer Preventive, Easy, Favorite Dinner Reruns, Flax Flour, Healthy, Italian, Jillicous Sweet-Tooth, Kids, Main Dish, Salad, Side Dish, Simmered, Slow Cooked, Snack, Tofu, and Vegan. Cookbook review videos are also available.
- Related Links:
Simple Daily Recipes Website
Simple Daily Recipes Facebook
Simple Daily Recipes on YouTube
|Fig.8 Instant Pot V3 ®|
|Fig.9 O M Gee Good|
- Thick & Creamy Nacho Sauce. I make this recipe every two weeks. It's delicious and even my wife who is not vegan likes it.
- Awesome Tex-Mex Lasagna Stack. Once a month.
- Barbecue Cabbage Sandwiches. Just plain delicious.
- Bring Along Black Bean Hash. Made this tonight, just love it.
- Butt Vegie Stew; My absolute favorite, can't wait for fall.
- Creamed Spinach, delicious over my vegetables.
- Vegan Sausage Scramble, I skip the sausage, but its wonderful in the morning.
- Cheesy Broccoli and Rice from the Instant Pot
- The Righteous Reuben
- Oven Crunchy Soy Curls and Bean Flautas
- Chili Bean-Pasta Goulash in the Instant Pot - Revisited (Cookbook)
- Jill's Green Chile Potato Soy Curls Enchiladas
- Vegan Tetrazzini Revisited
- OMGee Good! Teriyaki Chickpeas and Brown Rice in the Instant Pot
- Top Plant-Based Cookbooks that Inspire Me (2016)
- Patty Shares How to Make Vegan Pho and Survive Breast Cancer
- Baking up family favorite breakfasts, Biscuits, Gravy, Tofu Scramble, Hash browns
- How to Make a Fat Free Salad Oil Substitute
- Jill’s Top 12 Book Recommendations for Plant-Based Newbies
My Vegan Chronicles:
- Part 1 of 10 - The Types of Vegetarian Including Veganism
- Part 2 of 10 - Juicing, Vegan Films and Instant Pot Cookbooks
- Part 3 of 10 - My Story and Vegan Films
- Part 4 of 10 - Meetups, Locations and Start Your Own Group
- Part 5 of 10 - Vegan Cookbooks
- Part 6 of 10 - Non Vegan Cookbooks
- Part 7 of 10 - Free Books, Information and E-mail Recipes
- Part 8 of 10 - YouTube and Free Digital Books
- Part 9 of 10 -
- Part 10 of 10 -
Note: The Kiwis To Pistachios assumes no liability for omissions, errors or the outcome of any cooking recipes or cooking tips. The reader must always exercise reasonable caution, and follow current cooking and safety regulations that may apply for each recipe. All rights reserved. © Copyright 2011-