This is the third post of ten posts that will address all the avenues to become a vegan. These tools can be used for reference, and or information. I hope this helps everyone achieve better health. I have been a vegan for five months. I am still learning, the best of being part of being a vegan is that I learn something new everyday.
This post shows why I became a vegan, more films and my continued progress to be a vegan.
My diet adventures are similar to other people trying to lose weight. I had weight issues, being a vegan solved my weight dilemma, and following my vegan lifestyle, I have kept my weight off. But not so fast, here my story. My weight had risen to over 245 U.S. pounds (111.130138 kg) and my pants size was size 40 (U.S.) squeezed tight, when it should had been a size 42 (U.S.). I was tired of watching my weight go up and down.
I had the "Yo-yo effect coined by Kelly D. Brownell at Yale University, in reference to the cyclical loss and gain of weight, resembling the up-down motion of a yo-yo.
| Yo Yo™ Effect|
I had tried several diets to include the American Diabetes, Atkins diet, Blood Type Diet, Detox diet, Fit-For-Life, Hearth Diet, Immune Power Diet, Low-Sodium-Low-Fat-Low-Cholesterol-Low-Sugar diet, Fat Free diets, Juice fasting, Mediterranean Diet, Slim-Fast, South Beach Diet, Vegetarian and the Western diet. I was fed up.
After intense studying, reading cooking book and watching documentaries, I decided on March 1, 2017 to become a vegan. No meat, no dairy and no eggs, including no white granulated gar, white salt, and bees honey. I learned how to cook for myself, shop for food and read labels. I continued watching the documentaries that taught me more on the vegan lifestyle. Below are the documentaries that helped me make my decision. The vegan film below are in bold print because they are my favorite, that I watch over and over again with my family. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret (2014) ™: Netflix film description: Learn
how factory farming is decimating the planet's natural resources, and why
this crisis has been largely ignored by major environmental groups. Starring:
Kip Andersen. 
Secret (2014) ™
- Crazy Sexy Cancer (2007) ™: Crazy Sexy Cancer follows the charismatic Kris Carr shares her journey from cancer to back to optimal health. She takes viewers through juicing, yoga, diet and all kinds of lifestyle changes with playful humor. 
- Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (2010) ™: Forty-one year old Australian Joe Cross has had a rare autoimmune disease for nine years from an adult life filled with bad eating, which has also made him obese. To treat his disease, Joe is on prednisone, and he decided to make a radical change to his eating life, first by going on a sixty day fresh juice fast, documenting this journey on film.
Fat, Sick &
Nearly Dead (2010) ™
- Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2 (2014) ™: Joe travels around the world and meets with experts who present viable strategies to make and maintain long-term improvements to eating behaviors and overall health.
Fat, Sick & Nearly
Dead 2 (2014) ™
- Food Choices (2016) ™: This documentary examines
the world's diet and points to food choices as the culprits for declining
health as well as a major cause of climate change. 
Food Choices (2016) ™
- Food Matters (2008) ™: This film takes a timely and
hard-hitting look at how the food we eat is helping or hurting our health, and
what we can do to live (and eat) better. Starring: Charlotte Gerson, Dan
Food Matters (2008) ™
- Forks Over Knives (2011) ™:
Features two doctors, Dr. T. Colin Campbell, from Cornell University, and Dr.
Caldwell Esselstyn, a former surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic, who share their
personal and professional journeys of discovering dietary links between
animal-based foods and chronic disease. They show how plant-based foods prevent
and even reverse disease, bringing in other experts from the field. 
Knives (2011) ™
- Forks Over Knives Presents: The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue (2011) ™: I enjoyed the movies so much I purchased both of his books. "The Engine 2
Kitchen Rescue follows Rip Esselstyn, former Texas firefighter and bestselling
author, as he teaches the White and Wali families the basics of a whole-food,
plant-based diet}. 
Forks Over Knives
Presents: The Engine 2
Kitchen Rescue (2011) ™
- In Defense of Food (2015) ™: A Netflix Original, Journalist Michael Pollan, examines the industrially driven Western diet to
show how it has ruined our health, then offers solutions for the future. 
In Defense of Food (2015) ™
- Live and Let Live (2013) ™: This documentary
examines man's relationship to animals and the choice by some to embrace
veganism, including a restaurateur and an Olympic cyclist. 
Live and Let Live (2013) ™
- Sustainable: A Netflix Original, (2016) ™: Chef Rick
Bayless, farmers and others discuss the history leading to the sustainable food
movement and how it could change what we eat in the future. 
A Netflix Original, (2016) ™
- Vegucated (2011) ™: This is my favorite docudrama movie. "Three omnivores from various backgrounds try Veganism for 6 weeks in this light-hearted, comical film. They learn that Veganism isn't a cult, there are health benefits associated with the lifestyle, and living conditions of animals are difficult. Along the way, they explore which foods are vegan and which are not. Their families also prove to have some difficulties and reservations about understanding their vegan lifestyle. They share laughter and tears on their journey, which isn't always easy".
Vegucated (2011) ™
-  Yo-yo effect
-  Mophorn™ Aluminum Design Professional YoYo Ball Bearing String Trick Alloy
-  Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret (2014) ™
-  Crazy Sexy Cancer (2007) ™
-  Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2010 ™ Synopsis by Huggo
-  Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2 ™ Synopsis
-  Food Choices (2016) ™
-  Food Matters (2008) ™
-  Forks Over Knives (2011) ™
-  Forks Over Knives Presents: The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue (2011) ™
-  In Defense of Food (2015) ™
-  Live and Let Live (2013) ™
-  Sustainable: A Netflix Original, (2016) ™
-  Vegucated IMdb ™
My Vegan Chronicles:
- Part 1 of 10 - The Types of Vegetarian Including Veganism
- Part 2 of 10 - Juicing, Vegan Films and Instant Pot Cookbooks
- Part 3 of 10 - My Story and Vegan Films
- Part 4 of 10 - Meetups, Locations and Start Your Own Group
- Part 5 of 10 - Vegan Cookbooks
- Part 6 of 10 - Non Vegan Cookbooks
- Part 7 of 10 - Free Books, Information and E-mail Recipes
- Part 8 of 10 - YouTube and Free Digital Books
- Part 9 of 10 -
- Part 10 of 10 -
Note: The Kiwis To Pistachios assumes no liability for omissions, errors or the outcome of any cooking recipes or cooking tips. The reader must always exercise reasonable caution, and follow current cooking and safety regulations that may apply for each recipe. All rights reserved. © Copyright 2011-